Search

The trolley culture here

I just don't understand... Whenever I'm in a hypermarket or a supermarket, I'm sure that I'll end up being frustrated by the others who don't seem to be using their brains when they are shopping, especially during weekends nite. They tend to leave their trollies in the middle of the lane unattended or attended knowing that the place is packed and almost everyone had a trolley with them.

They'll just ignore u and continue to search for things on the rack and their trollies in the middle of the lane blocking everyone. But then, when we tries to move the trolley to somewhere, then they'll think that we are trying to be funny or tries to trolley-jack. Or else, they'll be discussing the price of the item and whether to buy or not to buy between them in the lane. As though all of us is waiting fer their decision. Then, when u excuse yourself fer a path, they looked at you as though u had offended them big time. It's just a bottle of shampoo fer goodness sake. Wan to buy, then put in trolley and get on with it, don't want to buy, then return it to the rack. So simple... Even my lil' cousin in K1 knows it... But they, a full grown adult doesn't seem to know abt this simple law.

Everyone will be like waiting fer each other to cross but then, all is competing to be the first one to go. Is the things so cheap that a second lost is a bargain lost?? Or izzit they had pawn they brains for cash so that they can shop until they drop.

Is the merchandise so fantastic and alluring until they are so concentrated on the merchandise and put all common and civic sense aside?? Why is there such things happened? Until now with countless of times with such experience, I still find no answer. Who's at fault here?? The managment of the hypermarket fer designing such narrow lanes, the company which designed and sells the trolley fer that bulky size or the people aka shoppers??

We asian are known to be well educated in civicness and well mannered but then, all these seems to be a totally difference thing when they entered the hypermarket or supermarket with over millions of brandnames being stacked together in countless of neatly arranged racks... Those thing dun runs away fer goodness sake even though u spend a seconds pushing the trolleys to the side where the passage is clear and everyone can use with ease.

Once, I'd encounter a families of boor where they seems to think they have booked the whole hypermarket to themselves. They have around 3-4 trolleys each and whenever one stopped to look at something, the others will then joined in and leave their trolleys just like that... I was like "WTF??? u think the whole lane is ur father one ahz??" Then, I'll have to make a "detour" to catch up with with my friends who I went shopping that day. I've encounter them a few times that nite and until the third or the fourth time, they did that,my fuse blown, I use my trolley to push theirs to make way for mine and when they saw it, the guy came over to me with a burly face and ask me y i did that fer.

I replied to him with a question fer blocking the road with their trolleys, and he replied "Wait a while, will die ahz??".

Wah... that answer shocked me. I wasn't very satisfied with the answer and thus replied "U think this hypermarket ur grandfather open, ur father manage and your playground??"

Being loss for words as he sees that we are sorta those unfriendly people and he has his family with him, he threaten us to be careful. Frankly, it was rather funny that this is the first time someone threaten me that way in a hypermarket and all because of the trolley...A puny trolley which we never think so highly upon.

So, we hasten our shopping and settle it. Went to the carpark and wait for him to see wat he's capable of and also let him see wat we are made of...

Moral of the story, know where to put your trolley when you are looking for something. Others might not tells u off but why spoil everyone shopping mood??

Think over it... cheers.

No comments: