Search

The Need for Speed

Damn boring in the office, had a heavy lunch resulting me sleepy now n my eyes are struggling to open to keep me awake. All the while, watching my watch hoping for 3.30pm will reach.

Then i noticed my handphone light up, followed by the Savage Garden song which I set as ringtone. it was a fren of mine. I was so glad that at last, someone has come to my rescue from boredom.

He told me that there's a friendly race tonite and he needs a driver... My eyes lit up and I'm on hyper mode again... So happy abt this news and agreed to be the driver without thinking twice or to get more info abt this. After getting the answer he wanted, he told me some info briefly n hung up... I was so happy and can't wait for the moon to come shine on me. At least, I got something to look forward in this hot boring Saturday afternoon.

Hahaha... I was there oredy. The car was a cool BMW Z8. Took the car out fer a test drive to understand the car and also the path/"track"... traffic was medium and no signs of roadblock. Weather is good and road lights all worked very well, enhancing the visibilities. This is the most perfect road settings I could get on a Saturday nite. It's seems that the nite is on duty tonite and everything was so perfect.

When I returned to the point, I saw a black shining Evo 8, MR2, R-32 and a S14. WTF!!! Who are they?

I parked the car and joined my fren as they seems to be engaged in a exciting and interesting conversation that they didn't even noticed me when I came back. I was introduced to those drivers... hi hi, greetings come and goes... Then it's time fer biz... We started our car and positioned it the way it supposed to be and a guy came in the middle and brief us abt some trivial issues on the track, road and so on.

Shortly after that, a 5 secs countdown and I stepped on the pedal with all the might i have and sped off. The Evo was good but then he lacked a lil' skill. I managed to followed him closely in the back and observing how he drives and the road condition...

He was quite off timing when overtaking cars and occasionally did some hard braking while overtaking... wat the heck, All I need to do is to wait fer the right time. But when is the right time. My Z8 can't possibly overtake this beast on straight or empty road... If I really do that, I'll be overtook and smoked by him easily. I must think hard...

All the way, I've followed him, after some 20 mins of him doing some stupid mistakes, I managed to stick at the back of him. My front bumper almost touching his rear, hoping I'll get the lead I wan so far...

I followed him fer more that 40 mins but I still can't overtake him. That beast is truly powerful and I'm now more determined to overtake him and just waiting fer the rite moment. Alas, I'm very near to the finishing line but then I can only afford to chase him tight but not overtake him and lose the whole race.

Wat a shame... haiz.

No comments: