Search

One of my grouses...

Try imagining this situation:
As you reach a Traffic junction, you realise that the queue was longer than usual. Peeking thru the side mirrors, you can see that the queue is stacked up in a short while. it's been a while and the queue wasn't moving. Your mind is running with all the possibilities of what might happened in the front with full of imagination, the traffic light is spoilt, an accident happened and all sorts of thing which could come in mind. After 4-5 minutes as u get closer to the junction, you are still puzzled why is the long queue as the traffic light is working, the traffic is smooth. But the queue is not moving. When it's finally your turn to cross the junction, then only u noticed a Traffic Police is manning the junction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is wat I often had to bear. 10 minutes of queue for a traffic junction when I needs only 3-4 minutes usually. And I've to bear it for two times whenever I'm on my way to fetch my mum from my work place.

I personally feel that it's an irony to have a traffic police to man a Traffic junction when the traffic light is working perfectly on a peak period. I do not think this is neccesary and it's a waste of manpower to station a person there just to extend the waiting time for a traffic junction. All the wait is unncessary and this not only waste of time but also a waste of manpower and national resources.


I appreciate the effort of the existence of a traffic police but then, i do not think it is neccesary for him/her to intervene when the automated traffic light is working fine. In time like these when commoners are rushing home to rest or dinner, such long waiting period can be very stressful and frustrating.

However, whenever the traffic light is down due to heavy rain or god knows the reason why, I can never see a traffic police there to take charge of the traffic. Where has they all gone to in a time like these when they are needed the most??

I've nothing against the traffic enforcers but then, I feel that their manpower allocation is all jumble up and not according to the needs of the people. Many a time when I hope there are a traffic police to appear but they are just not in sight, but then, when least expected, you can see a bunch of them ambushing traffic offenders. Which is a good thing in one way or the other.

Frankly, I do not think there is a need for a Traffic Police to intervene with the automated machine especially it's working fine and in order. In fact, such intervention only brings negative or unwanted result instead of improving the current situation. Machineries or automated electricals may not be flexibles but then, it does it job as supposed to and I guess everyone is fine with it. Why is there a human to make matter worse and in the end of the day, only to result in grouse and stresses and complaints.

So, do you experiences such situation before and care to share with me??

Just my grouses... Nothing personal about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keke..

i faced d same thing this mornin on my way to coll..

i tot there was an accident or sumthin..but end up, a traffic police was mannin d traffic..

Jellyfish said...

most of the time, the main culprits are traffic policemen

sad but true.

Chen said...

Very true..

That's one of the main cause of traffic jam (besides motor vehicle accidents)

Shackks said...

I've noticed that recently, especially after the Raya, the traffic police all sorta dissapeared.

they no more appears directing traffic lights anymore.

Wait happened??